Donate Your Time
At Midcoast Humane, we are proud to have the support of many wonderful volunteers who put their concern for animal welfare into action by donating their time. Our dedicated volunteers make a commitment to help our organization and touch the lives of pets and people every day. Our volunteers are invaluable to us!
Do you need to complete court-ordered community service? Please fill out an application here
Are you a Corporate Group interested in doing a day of service at the shelter? Please contact our Volunteer Manager at email@example.com.
Midcoast Humane volunteers must meet the following requirements before filling out a volunteer application:
All Midcoast Humane volunteers must:
- Be at least 16 years of age to volunteer independently or least 13 years of age to volunteer with a parent/legal guardian (volunteer assignments limited for under 16 volunteers).
- Commit to volunteering at least twice a month for the next four months.
- Be capable of safely handling animals independently.
- Have their own health insurance.
- Have access to email and internet
- Feline Friends must be able to lift cats and kittens.
- Canine Companions must be able to restrain strong, large dogs, including being able to lift at least 50lbs.
If you aren’t sure if you meet any of these requirements, please contact Kate McHugh-Westfall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-449-1366 ext. 108.
We have many opportunities for volunteers at the Midcoast Humane. We are currently recruiting for volunteers in the following areas:
- Keep It Clean Crew – Dogs
- Keep It Clean Crew – Cats
- Canine Companion
- Feline Friend
- Front Desk Concierge
- Complete a New Volunteer Application: The volunteer manager will review your application and reach out within 10-14 days to schedule an orientation.
- Attend a New Volunteer Orientation (required): Orientations are held twice a month, and last for 90 minutes. New volunteers will learn about our organization, volunteer policies, types of volunteer assignments, and current shelter needs. All volunteers must go through an orientation regardless of assignment.
- Choose an assignment and complete training: Fill out our assignment survey and the Volunteer Manager will schedule your training in that area. Training is a critical component of volunteering, and typically is two hours long. After training is complete volunteers can sign up for shifts independently
Please read all of the age and time requirements/commitments above, to ensure that our volunteer program meets your expectations and schedule. If so, please fill out our new volunteer application here: