Looking for the perfect place for your animal-adoring child to have their birthday party? Look no further than Coastal Humane Society! We love having children who care about animals come and visit our shelter to celebrate their birthday and learn all about taking care of their animal companions. Your party will include a craft project for the animals or a game, a small educational presentation, and an opportunity to meet some of our adoptable pets.
Choose from one of two birthday packages.
All proceeds from birthday parties benefit our animals.
- Use of our large space at 190 Pleasant Street
- Decorations (streamers, birthday banner), plates, napkins, utensils, cups, (families may want to bring additional decorations, such as helium balloons. Please no noise-makers since some of our animals will be in the room)
- Craft project for the shelter animals OR a game
- Educational presentation by shelter staff
- Meet and greet with adoptable animals
- Framed Certificate of Appreciation for the birthday girl or boy
- All that’s included with the Party Animal package
- Coastie attends the party (Official Coastal Humane Society Mascot)
- Goodie bags for party guests
- Picture taken with Coastie
Both birthday party options allow for 12 children. You can invite up to 20 children for an additional charge of $10 per child. Unlimited adults are welcome. Children ages 5-7 must have an accompanying adult present.
Booking your Party
Space fills up quickly, so book early! Your spot will be guaranteed with a non-refundable $50 deposit. Please book at least three weeks in advance.
All parties include 20-30 minutes for cake, food, and beverages provided by the parent or guardian. Food can also be delivered.
Please feel free to bring presents, but we’ll be so busy, the birthday boy or girl won’t have time to open them. Some children opt to collect toys, food, and supplies for our animals in lieu of gifts.
Schedule your party!
Birthday parties take place on Saturdays and Sundays, from 2:00- 4:00 PM, with set up from 1:30- 2:00, and clean-up from 4:00- 4:30. For more information, please contact 207-449-1366 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can set up your birthday party by completing our registration form.